The Refit Team deals with heterogeneous projects concerning therapy, training and socio-cultural works on the topic, upon request of public and private clients.
Master VIDEOTHERAPY AND THERAPEUTIC FILMMAKING
It is an experimental project of research and treatment for neurodevelopmental disorders. This project involves children, teenagers and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder Level I (DSM-5) (8 – 25 years) from the Operating Unit Complex of Child Neuropsychiatry of the AOU “San Giovanni di Dio e Ruggi D’Aragona” – University of Salerno. The team recruit also the families of the patients with the aim to operate simultaneously on the child and the family context through an integrated methodology. Coordinator of the project are a psychotherapist, a director and an neuropsychiatrist specialized in neurodevelopmental disorders in childhood.
The overall purpose of the project is to guarantee the full development of their potential for the patients through individualized programs of action that use images as real medicines which enhance the young patients and their families’ quality of life.
Specifically, the main goals are identified as follows:
- Strengthen the emotional and communicative and social skills of the participants;
- Promote a listening space and emotional support to families;
- Create a social support network for the whole household.
- University of Salerno – Department of Social and Communication Sciences
- University of Salerno – Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry “Medical School of Salerno” of the University of Salerno
- University of Cassino and Southern Lazio – Department of Human, Social and Health Sciences
- “Magna Graecia” University of Catanzaro – Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences
- Audiovisual Storytelling Lab (Labsav) – University of Salerno
- Institute for the Study of Psicotherapies, Rome
- Gruppo Pensiero – Cultural Association
- Psycotypo – Association for information and updating in psychology
• Master in VIDEOTHERAPY AND THERAPEUTIC FILMMAKING
The Master in Videotherapy and Therapeutic Filmmaking is aimed at health specialists and experts and with a Humanistic studies’ degree and offers a video-therapeutic methodology that allows students to integrate the skills of their own study into the therapeutic setting. In this sense, the course trains communication and health experts in the application of videotherapeutic techniques in settings and in aid relationships, encouraging an integrated approach in a group work context.
The master’s degree in Videotherapy and Therapeutic Filmmaking aims, first of all, to provide health experts with the essential tools to conduct psychological interviews, psychotherapies and educational consultations (in accordance with their professional qualifications) with the support and participation of a team of professionals dedicated to audiovisual videotherapy production.
The course also aims to provide filmmakers and communication experts with the basic skills for audiovisual production such as integrative elements of psychotherapeutic treatment and for the co-management of shooting and editing’s phases in clinical settings.
Audiovisual Storytelling Lab (Labsav) – University of Salerno
Institute for the Study of Psicotherapies, Rome